the ultimate Java Desktop SQL Database Engine with JDBC 3.0 API.
SmallSQL is small, fast, embeddable, SQL 99 conformance, platform independent and
100% pure Java
Advantages and Disadvantages of the SmallSQL Database
Why and when should you use
the SmallSQL Database and when not?
- It has a LGPL license. You can redistribute it with your software for
- It is 100% pure Java. You can use
it on all platforms with Java version 1.4 or higher.
- It is open source. You can look in the source code if you want it.
- It is embeddable in you application. There is no additional setup
- It is a very small Java library.
- The quality is tested with
- It does not has a network interface.
- It required Java. No other access API is available currently.
- You can't share the database between different applications at the same time.
- There are no user management.
Copyright © 2005 - 2007